Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Message Number Twenty Three

Last night I had a dream. I dreamed that I was at the Post Office working when I met a couple there who I liked very much and we seemed to hit it off. They invited me up to their house, and since I was getting off work early anyway that day, I agreed. They offered to allow me to ride with them in their car, and, once again, I agreed. I got up to their house, which was very nice, but there were a lot of people there. We socialized for awhile and even did a meditation together, which I enjoyed, but after awhile I was ready to go home. This couple had become involved with helping their grown children do this or that, and taking me home was an inconvenience. I realized that I should have driven myself. By this point in the dream I also had a baby with me (those things happen in dreams). After awhile they agreed to take me home, but showed their displeasure. They also refused to get the car seat for the baby out of their other car. They insisted I just come back for it later.

When I woke up I realized that the meaning of the dream was that I was to watch out when other people try to dictate to me what my path is or take me away from control of my time or my dreams. Babies often represent new ventures or projects. In this case it could represent my spiritual work, which is still in its baby stages. The dream was telling me to make sure I maintain control (my own car) of myself and my time and resources. I think this dream has a lot to do with boundaries and having enough self confidence to speak up for yourself when your boundaries are crossed. I think it also has to do with feeling supported in new ventures (thus the baby).

I thought this was worth sharing because we often run into people we enjoy spending time with but they seem to take us away from the things we need to do on our path. It is not a bad thing to socialize and even spend time together doing spiritual practice (in the dream it was the meditation time). Make sure you maintain control of your own life and your own path.  Drive your own car, so to speak. Don't get too involved with the drama in other people's lives or allow it to keep you from your own plans or dreams.

I felt good about the dream because I insisted that the family take me home. I did not allow them to dictate to me how I was going to spend my entire day. I stood up for myself.

In your day to day walk, you will run into many different people that you will enjoy spending time with. You may share with them your dream, your baby, so to speak, but it is up to you to make sure you have all the tools you need to get the baby home. Make sure you have the car seat and the other necessities. There will be people in your life who will be instrumental in helping you get where you need to go and then there will be some that will be a distraction. It is important to discern who is who and limit your time with the latter.

Thanks to the Angels who used this dream to let me know that I was doing okay. Some things had potential to distract me, but I would recognize them and get home okay.


No comments:

Post a Comment