Sunday, August 3, 2014

Day Two and Three of the 30 Day Blog Challenge!

Yes, I missed writing my blog yesterday for the 30 Day Blog Challenge.

For those of you just tuning in, I have joined a 30 day blog challenge from Amethyst Mahoney and her Spiritual Badass group which you can find a link to HERE. I joined this group because in it I found a spiritual group of entrepreneurs and seekers that are very accepting and interesting! Not only have I learned some stuff, but I have found acceptance and camaraderie from an ecclectic group of people from all over the world!

Yesterday's suggested topic was this: how does spirituality fit into your business or life?

My answer is this: I am not sure how to really separate who I am spiritually to who I am as a wife, mother, grandmother, employee, and entrepreneur.

We are all souls living in a physical body. What we choose to do while we are living in our bodies is totally up to us, but every breath we take, every flower we observe, every step we take, everything we think, do, see, observe, or feel is a part of our spirituality.


 I believe that every thought we think is a prayer. We must really watch what we are thinking, because the Universe hears every thought and takes it as a request.


 



Remember when we were children? The thought of danger or fear really did not exist until our parents or loved ones instilled in us the idea that some things were not a good idea.

This is good when it comes to: don't touch a hot stove, or don't go out into deep water until you learn to swim, but eventually more intangible fears were instilled in us. 

We spend the next twenty or thirty years or even more unlearning some of those fears we were taught, either intentionally or unintentionally by our loved ones.

This is what I mean by: every thought we think is a prayer.

And so, now I really want to shake up some of those beliefs. What about the food we eat? If we have a belief or we have been taught that a certain food or drink is not good for us, then that thought makes that food unhealthy for us! Oh this is really going to shake up our thoughts about food and what we think about food.

If we really are spiritual beings living in physical bodies, then it stands to reason that EVERYTHING we do is a spiritual activity. If every thought we think is a prayer, then if you are thinking that a certain food or drink is not good for you, you are actually creating the reality of that belief!

It is a proven fact that there are Buddhist monks who have gone for extended periods of time with  no food or water and have not been affected physically. Some of them have lived for months with no real nourishment, only meditation and connection with Spirit. There is also that passage in the Bible where Jesus said," it is not what goes into your body that makes you unclean. It is what comes out of you that makes you unclean. From within your heart come all sorts of emotions, good and bad. These are the things that make you unclean, not what you put in your body."

My intention is to really pay attention to everything in my life, and enjoy it all. If something does not give me joy, whether it is something that I choose to eat or not to eat, or whether it is a television show that gives me the creeps versus one that makes me feel good, that is my inner compass to tell me whether or not it is good for me.


Remember that you are the master of your life! Never allow someone else to take your power away or tell you that you can't be spiritual if you eat this food or watch this television show. Every breath you take is a spiritual experience and you are the only one who can decide what gives you joy and what make your skin crawl. Let that inner guidance direct you. 

As always, I would love to hear your comments! I am always available for private sessions. You can contact me through my website HERE.


Blessings to you on your path!

10 comments:

  1. loved this post! i could not agree more! Everything and everyone is spiritual. I once wrote a post about a soap opera, and how much we could learn spiritually from it. Often in the 'spiritual world', there is a kind of snobbery, or perhaps it's just my own securities playing out, but an expectation if you like, that we 'should' behave in a certain way. Certainly not watch soaps, eat meat, chocolate, drink a glass of wine, the list is probably endless. But I don't agree. Those limits sound man-made to me. Everything is spiritual, and that includes wine and chocolate, good enough for me! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! I once went to a spiritual retreat where we were not allowed to drink alcohol for twenty four hours before the retreat but when I got there everyone was pigging out on chocolate cake and smoking cigarettes. I have always believed that our inner compass will tell us what to eat or not eat and what activities we are better off without. I call myself the "no rules" shaman. lol.

      Delete
  2. So beautifully said ... It all comes back to awareness doesn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you equate everything we say to that of a prayer. That feels so true to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary! Thanks for visiting! Yes I do believe we pray all the time. We just don't know it.

      Delete
  4. Joy, this was beautifully said. And you know what? I don't think you *should* be able to separate being spiritual from being a mom and a wife, a business owner, etc. I think the whole point is to integrate spirituality into your whole life, which is what you've done. To me, spirituality isn't a religion, it's a way of life, a way of being. You're not spiritual from 8-10am on Sundays, you walk a spiritual path 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said, Nicole! Our lives are our spirituality. How we relate to the world is how we relate to our understanding of God.

      Delete
  5. Joy....Love your post today, especially the part about every thought being a prayer. Sure does encourage me to stay on my toes and mindful as to what and how I am are thinking. Maybe I should start thinking sugar laced soda pop is good for me...LOL Probably isn't going to stick though since there is a lot of other "noise" out there that says differently. That seems to be challenge to keep ones thoughts clean and uncontaminated by other leaned tapes. I love that you call yourself a "no rules shaman."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan. Think about how sugar laced soda makes you feel. If it makes you feel good, then have one every now and then! Maybe not for every meal!

      Delete