Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Magician





Today's card is the magician! I love this card!

This card is all about manifesting. What is it that you would like to see happen in your life? A new job? A new relationship? More time to travel or pursue other interests? This card appears when it is time to create something new in your life.

This card, the magician, contains elements of all the suits on the table in front of him. He is holding his magic wand up in the air, and there seems to be a halo around him in the background. The figure eight is portrayed above his head. There seems to be blooming life all around the edges of this card, representing the possibility that your life is about to burst forth into bloom.

I love to think about possibilities.

I was listening to a recording on manifesting once and the woman suggested that when faced with a challenge, instead of fretting, say to yourself or to the challenge, "What else is possible?"

I love that! Instead of looking at your circumstances and thinking of the worst that could happen, which is usually what worry entails, instead, think of the best that could happen. Play the scene out in your head. This person will do this, that person will do that, etc etc. Maybe you are going to a job interview. Imagine the interviewer asking you questions and you giving amazing responses. Imagine the look in the eyes of the interviewer as they admire your abilities or potential.

Maybe you are having personality conflicts. Instead of imagining the conflict ending badly.. "I will say this and they will say that.." instead, think of "what else is possible?"

I was recently confronted with a conflict. Instead of confronting the issue head on, I decided to spend a day or two just sending the person love. I did that popular meditation where I said, out loud or in my mind.. "I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you." Over and over I said these simple sentences. When I laid down to bed at night I would go to sleep saying the words. Upon awakening I found the words to be the first thoughts that were going over and over in my head as I slept.

You guessed it. I didn't have to confront the issue. It resolved itself.

The magician card says that whatever you would like to create, you have the power to do it!

I was on the elliptical machine today, just lost in my own little world of electronica music and my own heart beating, when I remembered a story that a man once told of a time when he was living in a rundown motel building. He was on an upper floor, with a balcony that overlooked an old, rundown and nonworking swimming pool. He decided that every day he would go out on his balcony and imagine that he was sitting on a beautiful, new and lush balcony overlooking the ocean. He did this for a time, I don't remember how long. I bet you can guess the end of the story. Yes, now he lives in the place that he imagined for himself.

You can do it too!!

How do you start? First, you have to decide what kind of life you want for yourself. Imagine that life and what it will entail. Visualizing is not enough. You have to make a plan. How are you going to manifest that house on the beach, or that new job? What steps can you take today that will get you there. I am here to tell you that your house on the beach is not going to drop out of the sky. Yes, the magician card says you can manifest whatever you want, but you are the one who has to do the work! Make a plan. See yourself where you want to be, and then make a plan for getting you there!

Sometimes your fairy godmother will appear and wave her wand and give you your wishes. More often, you have to create your life yourself. Take a step today in the direction you want to go. The magician card appears today to say, "Today is the day!! You have the power to manifest your heart's desires. It is up to you to create that life you are dreaming of.."

Now go do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment