Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Spirit Radio

I was not the person who coined this phrase. But here is how it goes. You know that inner radio that is always playing? You wake up in the morning and a song is going through your head. It plays on and off all day. Sometimes it gets annoying. It could be the last song you heard on the radio. It could be some silly commercial you heard on television. But it just won't go away.

I heard this some time ago. When Spirit is trying to give you a message through this means of communication it is called Spirit Radio. I decided to allow Spirit to give me messages through the songs that go through my head.

Sometimes I will wake up and I will hear a song that I have not heard in many years. Like this one:

"You've only just begun... to live...." (Karen Carpenter)...

I woke up one morning and these words were running through my head.. over and over. I tried to think of the rest of the words to the song. I couldn't remember any. I quickly realized that the rest of the words didn't matter at this moment. Spirit was giving me a message. I heard the song all day and for the next few days. It comforted me to know that Spirit was using the words of this particular song at this particular moment to inspire me.

So the last two days here are the words that are running through my head. I don't know who does this song so I can't give them credit. I don't think the words that I am hearing are the title to the song. It is a song I hear on the electronic cardio station on Pandora (my fav...!!)

"Don't you worry.. Don't you worry, child.. Heaven has a plan for you.."

Are the songs running through your head ALWAYS messages from Spirit? No.

So how do you know when a song is a message from Spirit and when it is not? You just know.

It's like the words to the song jump out at you like this. Sometimes more than once. I don't know about you but sometimes Spirit has to tell me something more than once before I listen.

Several years ago I used to hear a song on the radio whenever I was going through a tough time or when I was wondering how things were going to play out in my life or the lives of my loved ones. The words went like this:

"Everything is going to be all right.."

 At the time it really comforted me. I would hear the song at the exact moment I needed to hear it. I would stop whatever I was doing (unless I was driving of course) and thank Spirit for the message. I would feel the words to the song sink down into my soul. After awhile I knew the song so well that if I even heard the intro to the song I would think about those particular words and it didn't even matter if I heard the actual words. Just the intro to the song would comfort me. During a particularly difficult year I heard that song A LOT.

Just for today, pay attention to those songs going through your head. Ask Spirit to send you messages this way. It doesn't seem to always work if you ask for a message and then turn on the radio. Just relax. Thank Spirit for sending you messages and then just pay attention.

So what if the words to the song are not really positive words of encouragement? This could be a message from your soul that you need to do some inner work! It could be a warning to change your thought patterns. Or it could be a message that your energy is vibrating at a lower level and that is all that could get through. This means it is time to work on your vibration! I never ever wake up to words of songs that scare me or make me feel bad! That is because I am always working on myself, connecting with Spirit, and deciding to feel happy despite any and all circumstances!Yes, sometimes I panic. Sometimes I am not all joy and happiness. But those days are not as frequent as the good ones. I decide to live my life this way!

What if the song going through your head is some silly commercial or words that could have no possible meaning? Ha Ha.. Well maybe Spirit is telling you to lighten up and have some fun. Don't be so serious!!

I would love to hear what songs are going through your head. Sometimes the meaning is not so apparent. If you would like, leave me a comment on the words to songs that Spirit Radio has been sending you!! If you are not sure of the meaning, maybe Spirit will explain it to me and I can help!

Thanks to Spirit for using music and many other means to send us messages and let us know that we are much much more than just the skin and bones and hair that make up our physical bodies. We are Spirit. And we are so connected. And we are loved.

3 comments:

  1. I've never thought about it like this! Usually I just get annoyed at whatever song is playing in my head, but I'm going to start listening more often. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That a great way of looking at this! I definitely have a very active station on my spirit radio :-D I agree not all of them mean something, but reading your article I just remembered that in recent years, my radio plays more positive, affirmative songs - and I've become a much happier more positive person with all the personal development I've been doing over the past 10 years. Fascinating! I'll pay more attention to this from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy,
    I had never known the term "Spirit Radio" before, although I certainly had heard Spirit Radio ;) Although it has been a long time since I had the experience...until this morning. Yesterday I had a very trying day with a few overwhelming obstacles thrown in for good measure. This morning I awoke with the lyrics to U2's "Mysterious Ways" song in my head - "It's alright, it's alright,it's alright She moves in mysterious ways". Which I immediately took as a very wonderful message, I felt completely supported and comforted. Then I read this blog post. Gotta love synchronicity!!! THANK YOU!! xo

    ReplyDelete