Wednesday, February 3, 2010

More Changes

In my previous blog I shared how I have taken a week of vacation to paint several rooms in my house. I am the type of person who cannot stand an unfinished project. My original plan was to paint a little each day and then spend some time meditating and grounding myself after having exhausted myself through having too many pots on the fire. But, true to myself, I just couldn't stand having paint cans lying around and two rooms in disarray. I worked myself into a frenzy, painting and obsessing about getting the house back in order. I completely exhausted myself, lost my cool, and repeated the same pattern I had been engaging in before I took off from work.

What I learned is this. When I try to get a project done with the intent of "trying" to get it done, I am creating an unfinished product just by the very intention of trying. The trying is the problem. When I see something that I don't like or that I think needs to be done, I immediately "try" to fix it. I am striving for perfection instead of realizing that everything already is perfect and all I have to do is line up with that!

This morning I took a different approach. I got up late, made myself some tea, read, meditated, and that is when it hit me. Perfection already exists. I just need to line up with it. I need to see the finished project and then the rest is easy. I truly enjoyed painting today, while yesterday it was excruciatingly painful. All I could see yesterday was how many miles of trim that lay unpainted. Today I saw a finished room and just did what needed to be done to make the room line up with my vision.

How many times do we see our problems and work on trying to fix them? How many times do we see the faults in others instead of their perfection? We obsess over all the things we don't like instead of seeing our problems or the people in our lives as the perfection that they are. Or our jobs. How many times do we only see the problems, the bad decisions, the mean customers, the difficult coworkers? Instead what if we tried seeing our job as perfect already? See what we want to see instead of what is!! What about our bodies? I got the revelation long ago that all my hours of exercise did no good if I saw myself as fat. Every time I go to the gym or get on the treadmill or run outside, I try to remember to visualize my body the way I want it to be.

I will be the first to admit that I have to be reminded. I forget!! I already knew this!! I don't have to try to do anything. I will never get it done. The most important thing I can do is sit for a minute and see my project completed. See my job as perfect and fulfilling all my needs. See myself as a person who delivers messages from the Angels!! See all my relationships as perfect.

It took a disastrous day of obsessive painting to learn that doing less is doing more. Today I almost completed my painting projects and it is only Wednesday. Tomorrow I spend the entire day just visualizing the perfection that already exists within me. It is hard to tell what I will manifest next........

No comments:

Post a Comment