Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Dream at an Airport

Last night I dreamed I was at the airport trying to get home in time to go to work. I was there with my husband Clay and my stepdaughter Kelsey. The airport was very busy and, as in the case with many dreams, there was a lot of commotion and subplots. However, in the main plot of the dream I got separated from my husband, who usually keeps me on course, so Kelsey and I had to find our way to the terminal ourselves. I could not call Clay on the cell phone to find out where he went and have him come looking for me because he had put his cell phone in my purse, which I had with me. I woke up just as I had decided I was not going to make it home in time to go to work. Completely exhausted from this dream, of course my first response was to ask myself what my subconscious was trying to tell me.

Airports often represent a time of taking off into new ventures. In this case I had gotten lost at the airport which could mean that a piece of myself has wandered off again. Yesterday I spent most of the day going around to different bookstores trying to place my books in local stores. I did come home exhausted and had the fleeting thought that it sure is easier just to get up and go to work in the morning and let the post office decide what I am going to do. But back to the dream. At one point in the dream there were a lot of terminal cancer patients who had come to one place at the airport to die. This makes me think that the airport represented the taking off place between this side and the other side. I often make trips to that in-between place, just to communicate with the Other Side or to locate lost pieces of people's souls. It seems that possibly in my sleep a part of me had wandered off to this place and now my soul was having trouble finding its way back home. The fact that my husband and stepdaughter were also there indicates that at times they travel to this place too. Kelsey had stayed with me so perhaps one day she will make some trips to this place with me. Clay travels there but seems to end up in a different terminal. The good news is I woke up in bed with my husband cuddled up next to me so we all must have made it back to reality okay.

I believe that while we sleep our souls travel to many different planes of existence. We don't always remember where we went or what we did in our travels. Sometimes toward the end of the night, in my case, our souls may have trouble getting back. No worries, we almost always end up waking up, maybe a little exhausted, but back in our bodies.

My husband always tells me that one day I am going to forget to come home. I wonder if he knows what he was really saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment