Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Intruder

A few nights ago my husband was out of town and I was home alone. I was a bit under the weather so I had chosen to stay home to rest. I fell asleep on the couch early and I dreamed that I had forgotten to lock the doors, which was probably true because I have always felt safe in my home and often forget to lock the doors. In the dream I got up off the couch and went into the kitchen to lock the side door when I noticed someone was attempting to break in. I crouched down out of his view and quickly locked the kitchen door before he noticed the door had been unlocked. Then I realized that I should hurry to lock the other doors. The front door was already locked and I creeped into the dining room before he could reach the back door, which was fully open with only the screen door closed. I rushed over to close the door but before I could he reached in through the screen door and grabbed my arm. I panicked and tried to slam the storm door shut on his hand. The sheer panic caused me to wake up. Of course the first thing I did was get up and check all the doors to make sure they were locked. The back door was standing wide open just like in my dream but there was no one there. I closed and locked the door but the panic did not immediately go away. I wondered if the dream was a warning. I am hardly ever afraid to be alone in my home but that night I heard every little noise.

The first thing I did was to take an inner inventory. In the dream the front door remained locked and the side door was able to be locked without incident so the back door was the significant door that was vulnerable to attack. I related the back door to the door to my subconscious. This is the door that I often used to enter into shamanic journeying. I often go through this door when doing work for clients or friends to help with subconscious issues so apparently, even though I thought I was protecting myself, the dream was telling me I needed to do more to protect my home, my soul, from attack. I called upon my Angels and Higher Beings of Love and Light to protect my soul and my home from unwanted intruders. I also called upon my Power Animals to keep watch outside. After awhile I was able to feel comfortable enough to go back to sleep.

After I had called upon the Angels to protect my home, I went back to sleep and had another dream. I dreamed that my home was so full of Angels and Protective Beings of Love and Light that there was no space between them to even walk or move around. My entire house was full of Protective Angels. I felt entirely safe and almost a little guilty for calling on so many of them and possibly taking them away from more important tasks. However, I am sure that there are so many Angels we never need fear that we are abusing our rights to call upon them for help. Eventually I heard my husband come in the door and I was almost surprised he was able to get in for all the Angels standing around.

I think it is so important to realize that our Angels are always there, just waiting for us to call upon them. They do not interfere unless we ask, but I think the first dream may have been a warning to get up and lock the door. There are natural things we can and should do to protect ourselves, but the Angels are always there to guard and protect.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you locked the door....what's the saying? Better safe than sorry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even tho your conscious mind wasn't aware you had left the backdoor open, your Other-Than-Conscious & angels were and alerted you. YAY! :-) H.

    P.S. An Arabic saying: Trust in Allah, but tie up your camels.

    P.P.S. WV= nestr. You're just taking care of your nest!

    ReplyDelete