Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Five of Swords

This morning in my daily tarot card draw, I drew this card:
This is normally a card which represents some sort of conflict. As you can see on the card, one man is gathering the swords that the other men have laid down. The sky looks ominous. The man holding the swords has a smug look on his face. The other two men have their backs turned to the main character and are walking away.

As you can well imagine, when I drew this card, I was a bit apprehensive, thinking that there was a possibility of some sort of conflict ahead. I drew the card this morning before I went to work, and then again when I was driving home the card was poking its head out of my purse as if to say, "remember me! remember me!"

This card is a warning against the attitude of "I'm right, I know I'm right, and I don't care who that affects." We really have to be careful that we are not right at the expense of being kind. We may lose relationships when we stand our ground no matter what the cost.

I don't always post my daily tarot draw on my blog, as you know, but today I felt that this card was not just particularly for me. I don't really have any conflict going on right now (at least not that I am aware of), so when I drew this card it puzzled me. And then when it made itself aware to me a second time, then I knew that something was up.

Maybe those of us who are in the habit of sending out prayers, positive energy, love and light, or whatever you want to call your petitions to the Universe, might want to send out some good energy to any conflict that is brewing in the world today. You never know but maybe Spirit wants us to avert another disaster, and we can do it with our prayers.

 Maybe this was a call to us to stop being so insistent on being right all the time and instead look for ways to bless others, even those who in our estimation don't deserve it.

Whatever the reason for Spirit giving me this card, I just think it wouldn't hurt for those who read this blog to send love and light out into the world, and request that there be peace. Thanks to you for joining me.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it ever hurts to send good thoughts out into the world. I had a particular challenge myself this week which I'd been putting off because I knew it would create sadness for all concerned. I spent a lot of time asking to be able to deal with it with as much love and compassion as I could possibly muster and I hope it helped. I've been reminding myself since to stay in that place without becoming defensive or angry about why the situation came up - and that's just within myself! Thank you for your thoughts on this card, Joy. It seems it was most timely for me in terms of reflecting on my week and how I handle things.

    ReplyDelete