Sunday, November 10, 2013

Inspiration from the Tarot/Eight of Wands

On Sunday I am teaching a class on the tarot, and I usually like to spend the week before the class posting some messages from the tarot on my blog.

This morning I connected with Spirit and asked for a card to post for a message for today, and this is the card I drew:







For someone just learning the cards, this might appear to be a difficult card to decipher. When I teach my classes, I tell my students that before they consult the dictionary of card meanings, that they look at the card first and ask the card what message it has for them. It may reflect the traditional meaning, and it may not. Spirit knows the message it wants to portray, and Spirit loves talking to us in symbols.

So the first thing I notice when I look at this card is that there are no people in it. This is relatively rare for the tarot. The next thing that really jumps out at me is the exceptionally blue sky. The landscape in the picture is small, and seemingly far away, and there are eight budding branches, or "wands" appearing to be just hanging in the air in front of the viewer of the card.

In the tarot, wands represent ideas, inspiration, and creativity. The fact that they are just hanging out in midair in front of the viewer before a beautiful blue sky would indicate to me that there are endless possibilities. Eight is the number of prosperity, success, abundance, and harvest, so the card seems to indicate that the possibilities are endless, there is success in the air, and it is up to the viewer to go after their dreams.

Is there something in your life that you have been dreaming of? Is there a goal you have been working hard to accomplish? Today's message is that now is the time to go for it! The path has been laid out before you! You are the creator of your life, it is time for you to create something beautiful. There is not a cloud in the sky. There are seemingly no obstacles for you to conquer at this time!

This is a wonderful card to post on your refrigerator or your mirror and remind yourself that your destiny lays before you and it is up to you to act!

Sometimes we forget that we are the masters of our own destiny. We tend to like to let ourselves off the hook and say something like, "oh, I could be successful if it wasn't for.........." or, " I don't have the money, the education, or the smarts to be successful." Or, "if (so and so) would not have done (this) to me, my life would be wonderful."

Stop giving your power away! You are the captain of your own ship! You are the creator of the wonderful work of art called your life! It is time to go for it!

Now I am not saying that tomorrow you go quit your job and start your own business, or maybe I am. You have to be practical. Make a plan. Follow the leading of your heart.

Just for today, embrace your own power.  You probably already know what this is about. It may be a job. It may be a new relationship. It may be a new direction for your life. Look for some changes up ahead, and they are to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment