Saturday, April 21, 2012

Musings About Astrology, Manifesting, and Joy



About a year ago I received an astrological reading and the person who read my chart told me my biggest challenge in this lifetime.  He told me that I would be dealing with that challenge at least until October or November of this year. At the time I received the astrological reading I was not really happy with that information. We all want to hear the good stuff, don't we? We want to hear that we are really needed by the Angels to provide our services to mankind. At least that is what I want to hear. I guess some might want to know that they are going to win the lottery or something else more spectacular but I just want to be of service.  I had forgotten about the reading until this morning. I got up early to go to work as I normally do on Saturday and I had gone out to my car for my lunch break. I was feeling kind of low and asked the Angels to give me some sort of encouragement. I picked up my handy dandy "journal" I guess you might call it. It is the book I take notes in of all the training I attend and interspersed are some positive affirmations, maybe a bit of my own musings, some dreams that I thought worth writing down and just a hodge podge of different information which I felt worth writing down. I opened it up randomly and it happened to open up to the page of notes I had taken on the astrological reading I had had almost a year ago. He mentioned in the reading that March and April were going to be particularly challenging for me due to some conjunction with the "planet" Chiron. Believe it or not this made me feel so much better!!

I am writing this because I just wanted to encourage anyone who reads this to know that it is okay sometimes to question your path. It is okay to take a step back and reevaluate yourself. I love that song by Alanis Morrisette which talks about how sometimes she is the most  wonderful person you would ever want to be around and sometimes she is just a moody..$%@#(**.....(check out the words to her song.. "Everything")...here is just a snipit...

I can be an #%$(*** of the grandest kind
I can withhold like it's going out of style
I can be the moodiest baby and you've never met anyone
Who is as negative as I am sometimes

I am the wisest woman you've ever met.
I am the kindest soul with whom you've connected.
I have the bravest heart that you've ever seen
And you've never met anyone
Who's as positive as I am sometimes.

I blame everyone else, not my own partaking
My passive-aggressiveness can be devastating
I'm terrified and mistrusting
And you've never met anyone as,
As closed down as I am sometimes.

You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can't relate
And you're still here

What I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know
What I resist, you love, no matter how low or high I go

I'm the funniest woman that you've ever known
I'm the dullest woman that you've ever known
I'm the most gorgeous woman that you've ever known
And you've never met anyone
Who is as everything as I am sometimes

And yes, then I am scheduled to teach a workshop on manifesting. Isn't it ironic?  (another Alanis Morissette song)...

Okay so here is the thing about manifesting that I do plan on including in the workshop. We are all on this earth and we have probably preplanned before we were born these particular lessons to learn and challenges to overcome. And we can say mantras all day long and do vision boards and positive affirmations till we are blue in the face and guess what? Sometimes things don't manifest the way we want them to.  But the most important thing we can manifest is joy. And that is what we should focus on. Not the new car or the new job or the new relationship. Yes it is good to desire those things and there is nothing wrong with that. But the more we focus on joy the easier it is for that new car or that new job or that new relationship to manifest.

So anyway, I got out of my car after my little epiphany and went back inside to work and just asked the Angels to help me have joy while I was at work. I asked myself, what would it take for me to have joy today? And the answer at the moment was... for my day to flow like clock work...and then I said a little mantra that I was thankful that the Angels and I were enjoying a day that flows like clockwork... and it did...despite the challenges....and I realize...when the joy is inside, nothing can steal it away.  I can choose to lose it or give it away but  nothing can make me unhappy without my permission.

And I am here to say that manifesting is just like that. Why don't we put aside those big manifesting desires like cars or houses or jobs or relationships and just for today, let's manifest some joy. And the rest will take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment