Thursday, November 19, 2009

Time to Plug In

This evening while I was meditating I was given the picture of a cord which had become disconnected. I heard the words… it is time to reconnect. The thought that accompanied this was how sometimes when I am using some kind of electrical appliance like an iron, for example, and I am ironing away (not that I do this very often), when suddenly I notice that the iron is no longer hot, and, upon examination I find that the iron has come unplugged from the wall. If I am not paying attention, I will iron for a moment or so before I notice that whatever it is I am ironing is not responding to all my hard work. I think this is what happens sometimes to our spirit. We unknowingly become unplugged from our Source and then gradually we begin to notice that we are no longer functioning at our normal levels of awareness.

I had mentioned in my previous blog that I had noticed that I had not been receiving any messages lately. When I tried to meditate I would fall asleep or my mind would go off into a hundred different directions. It felt like the connection had been lost. Tonight the message was… it is time to reconnect. Apparently it is just as easy as plugging a cord back into a wall. So I envisioned myself plugging back into my Source. I almost felt a wave of electricity go through me as I realized how easy it was.

I think much of the game of life is that fact that before we are born we are so connected to our Source and then we come into this life having forgotten who we are and why we have come. Much of our lives we spend trying to figure out how to get connected again. We try to fill our lives with things that we feel will give us that feeling of connection. For each of us the things we try will be different, but eventually we must learn that the connection to our Source happens from within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment