Friday, November 13, 2009

Gratitude

Recently I have become increasingly aware of my thoughts and emotions and the power they have to create the reality I call my day to day existence. Every day in dealing with the public, I engage in conversations and small talk, and frequently the subject matter becomes less than positive: the weather.. it is too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry….etc… politics, you either love him or you hate him….the mail, it is late or misdelivered…..I guess you get the drift. I guess I noticed it is rather easy to fall into less than positive conversations.

After several hours of this one day, I began to realize that I needed to offset all of this negativity in my mind. I began to make a list of all the things I was grateful for, and not just the normal things like a house to live in, a job, health, family, those things we take for granted but are the first on our list when we start to think of things that we are blessed with. I began to thank my invisible helpers, be they Guides, Angels, or my Higher Self for those things we sometimes don’t notice but are instrumental in our survival in this realm. I thanked them for helping me through the difficult years, for sending me signposts when I was feeling lost, for sending me knowledge in the form of books or teachings of different kinds. There are many times when I am feeling worried or anxious, I will have a particular song play on the radio, the words of which will give me comfort. Or sometimes I will wake up and a particular song will be playing inside my head, and if I pay attention it is a message of some kind for me. I don’t know how many times I have gotten messages from movies or television. It may be only a sentence or two but it will be exactly what I need to get me through a particular time of uncertainty.

Most of the major crossroads in my life have been determined by by certain signposts that my Guides have set up for me so that I would take the path that would best serve the purpose I needed to accomplish at that particular time in my life. I wasn’t always good at reading or interpreting the signposts and I didn’t always follow their direction, but the signs were there nevertheless.

Our unseen helpers are always there suggesting paths that would serve us the best. Of course we are always free to choose our own paths, and they never force us into any decision, but the choice is always given to us. I think it is time to say thanks to all those unseen helpers who tirelessly send us messages and never give up even when we ignore their promptings. Thanks, to all of You Guides and Messengers, who never give up. Thanks for all the signs, messages and guidance whether I realized where it was coming from or not, and whether I listened to the guidance or not. Thanks for the interruptions when I was about to do or say something I shouldn’t. Thanks for the answers you sent to my questions in the form of movies or television interviews.

All of these divine interventions many times go unnoticed and unacknowledged. I just want to take this opportunity to say “thank you”.Thank you to all my unseen helpers for all that you do to illuminate my path and point out potential stumbling blocks.

I appreciate all your help……

No comments:

Post a Comment