Monday, July 22, 2013

Four of Swords

I have my hands in a lot of pots. I work at the Post Office. I teach monthly spiritual development classes. I do personal and group sessions for those who are interested in connecting with Spirit or hearing from loved ones who have passed. I also do weddings. Soon I will be doing a weekly meditation class in my home here in Winchester Virginia.  I am working on creating some spiritual journey/guided meditation cds. And there is another book inside of me waiting to be written. Also I am always learning, improving my skills, practicing my craft. I am a wife, mother, and grandmother.

Sometimes I get tired. I want to quit. 

Almost every morning I draw a tarot card. I ask Spirit to give me a message through the cards. In the past I have written some of my insights from Spirit in my blog.

This was the card I drew this morning. The four of swords.

As you can see, the man in the picture is laying on what appears to be a hard bed. There are three swords hanging on the wall above him and one sword underneath his bed. He is laying on a hard bed and he has something hanging over his head.

The traditional meaning of the four of swords is that it is time to take a rest from your responsibilities. Or that you have made a hard bed and now you have to lay on it. You may have something hanging over your head. The message of the card is that it is time to hang your swords for awhile and lie down for a rest. You have been working hard. Take a step back.

I am thinking the message from Spirit for today  may be for someone else as well. We all have so much to think about. Jobs. Kids. Family. Finances. Health issues. This card of the tarot tells us that it is okay to lay our worries down for awhile and take a step back to reevaluate our position.

Have you had a lot of responsibilities lately? Has conflict or struggle been your bedfellow?  Today Spirit may be telling you that it is time to hang up the swords on the wall for awhile and take a much needed rest. All those responsibilities will be there when you get up from your nap. Spirit does not want you to run away from your troubles or avoid your responsibilities. Just take a rest.

Sometimes when you step away from all the drama, all the thinking, planning, working, or doing and just check out for awhile, it is like a reboot to your inner computer. You awake refreshed, and perhaps with some much needed inspiration. That problem you have been replaying over and over in your head? Let it rest. You may wake up from your nap with the solution!

We all have different ways of rebooting. You may like to meditate, or pray. You may like to go fishing. Maybe you like to go outside for a walk or a run. Or read a book. Get out in nature. Whatever your way of disconnecting, it is okay to do that every once in awhile.

If the worries and concerns of life have you a bit out of sorts today, Spirit is telling you that it is time to reboot. Step back. Hang up your sword. Don't make any rash decisions. Tomorrow is another day.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the message, Joy. I've just finished reading another article about not being a Superwoman so after reading yours I'm listening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I needed to hear today, Joy (what a lovely name!). Thank you! I've been pushing and trying so hard in the last week that I really need to step back and take a break; Thank you for the reminder. Big hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete