Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thank you

The other day I told you that I had gotten three messages while on the elliptical machine. Here is the third with a little help from Alanis Morrissette, who says what I try to say in my blogs only she says it better and with music. The third message I got was that our trials and tribulations and the hard times that we go through make us stronger. We should thank the trying times for the blessings that they give us. They give us perseverance. They give us compassion for others going through the same things. They give us roots.  I have this baby plant that I have been trying to get to grow for about a year now. It stays small and never gets much bigger. I have it by the window and I water it a little bit every day. One day I decided to move it to a different window. It was a window I don't walk by much so I started forgetting to water it. One day I walked by and it had gotten bigger!! All that mothering was not good for it. This particular plant needed dry soil evidently. It is the same with our souls. Sometimes the Angels let us alone for awhile so we have to learn to be strong on our own.

I had mentioned that recently I had felt a little out of sorts and the messages weren't making it from my experience with them to the paper. By the time I had the time to sit and write the messages were gone. I was wondering if I had lost my mojo. The little plant reminded me that sometimes we just need to experience loss so that we can experience joy once again. Loss is different for everyone. For me it was the loss of my feeling of purpose. I contemplated just getting up, going to work, and forgetting the rest of the stuff I do. Then one day I had someone say thank you for the message I gave them and it made it all worthwhile.

If you are experiencing loss or a questioning of your purpose, take heart. Thank the hard times for the lessons they give us. Here are the words of my theme song for the moment. Thank you Alanis Morrissette for putting my thoughts to music and so much better than I could....




"Thank U"


how bout getting off these antibiotics
how bout stopping eating when I'm full up
how bout them transparent dangling carrots
how bout that ever elusive kudo

thank you india
thank you terror
thank you disillusionment
thank you frailty
thank you consequence
thank you thank you silence

how bout me not blaming you for everything
how bout me enjoying the moment for once
how bout how good it feels to finally forgive you
how bout grieving it all one at a time



the moment I let go of it was the moment
I got more than I could handle
the moment I jumped off of it
was the moment I touched down

how bout no longer being masochistic
how bout remembering your divinity
how bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out
how bout not equating death with stopping

thank you india
thank you providence
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you silence

No comments:

Post a Comment