Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Purpose

Lately I have been hearing a lot about purpose. People I have been running into or working with want to know what they are meant to do. Many times I think that in our minds we think that our purpose in life also has to do with our chosen career path, but this is not always the case. There is an old Buddhist mantra that goes something like this: before enlightenment I chopped wood and carried water. Since I have become enlightened I chop wood and carry water. I think the point of this mantra is that sometimes our career path remains the same even after we discover our purpose in life.

Why is this? Common sense tells us that if every person on earth becomes enlightened, there will still be a need for all the cooks and the carpenters, the ditch diggers and the garbage collectors, the tax attorneys and the lawyers. We can all fulfill our purpose in life while working "regular" jobs.

I consider every interaction with another living being my purpose in life. What if each one of us walked through our days with the intention of spreading love and light wherever we went? I try to spend as much time as I can focusing loving energy to people I wait on at the post office, to those I work with, to the plants and animals I come across, to the birds that fly over my head and the grass that grows under my feet.

Sure, I would love to make my living selling books and doing journeys for people, helping people find lost pieces of their souls, so that I didn't have to get up every morning and go to a regular job, but so far I have not manifested this dream. Maybe one day this will happen. Sometimes I like to see Louise Hay or Wayne Dyer picking up my book to read it, and suddenly showing up in Winchester wanting me to sign a contract for them to publicize my book. But every day until that happens I will get up and go to work and spread love and cheer to all the people who happen across my path. By doing this, I am raising the vibrational energy around me. I think this is our Universal purpose.

If you have been wondering why you are here or what is your purpose in life, I suggest to you that you get up one morning and decide to send the energy of Love and Light to all that comes across your path that day. Send love and light to the Mother Earth, to the Father Sky. Whether you do this by playing Angelic music on the piano, taking orders at McDonalds, or sitting at a computer all day, you can fulfill your purpose. If we all spread a little love every day, the world will be a happier place to live. I suggest to you that eventually you will be a happier person. Focus on the good stuff. Focus on being happy. And isn't that our real purpose, just to be happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment