Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodbye to the Old, Hello to the New!

Yes, I am going to add my thoughts to the thousands of others out there encouraging you to let go of 2013 and all the things that did not serve you as you welcome in this New Year.

However, I also think it is a good time to be thankful for all of those memorable events of the past year. Whether you look back at 2013 as a wonderful year or a challenging one, I am sure it is safe to say that you, like me, had a mix of both!

At the beginning of the year, Spirit told me that this was to be my year to embrace my power. This did not mean that I was going to lord it over others or flex my spiritual superhero muscles or even save the world. I learned over the course of the year that this meant that this was the year to start having faith in myself, and confidence in my purpose and calling.

I experienced a wonderful few days at my first "event" in New York where I gave mini ten minute readings back to back all day.

I expanded my monthly classes to include a second location in the neighboring town of Leesburg.

I welcomed new healers into the world in my first Reiki I class after becoming a Reiki Master.

I had the privilege of joining a record number of couples into wedded bliss!

When a part time position became available at the Post Office, I bravely bid on and was awarded the position to give me more time to do my weddings and spiritual work. This was a huge step for me, to surrender a portion of my income that is set and always there to jump into the unknown of at least partial self employment!

I began writing my second book, which I have been avoiding for at least two years now, due to fear of how it would be received by people who have known me in my past and even in my present. There are things in this book I have never told anyone!

I was so privileged to attend a week long mediumship training class with amazing mediums John Holland and Janet Nohovac. I learned so much in this intensive week that really honed in my gift and boosted my confidence in this area of my giftings.

I am so thankful for each of these experiences and hope to carry them into the next year as I invite Spirit to be an even more present force in my day to day walk of service. My only request of Spirit is that I be allowed to be of service to others while also making sure that I don't overextend myself to the point of not enjoying my life.

If you are in a place of desiring to be of service to Spirit or in any way compelled to make your part of the world a better place, you may notice that you sometimes put yourself last on the list. For me there is always a blog to write, a class to prepare for, a chapter in my book to tweak, a soul to help. This is good. But sometimes I look back and realize that I am not having any fun! Oh yes, serving Spirit is fun in itself. But sometimes I need to put on my joy hat and just go out for a run or take a hike outdoors or maybe even go shopping!

If you are even reading my blogs then I bet you are someone who has a desire to be of service to Spirit in some way, or you are curious at least about your spiritual side.

Let me encourage you to have balance in your quest for enlightenment. We are here to make the world a better place, but sometimes we take ourselves too seriously! Serving Spirit should mean  doing those things that make your heart sing and your inner self dance a jig! If it doesn't give you joy, then maybe it is time to rethink something! Take a break!

One of my intentions for the coming year is to laugh more. To spend more time in nature. To soak in life here in this planet. To love more.

Sometimes the best resolutions are ones that are easy to keep. Sure I would like to give up some of those things that are not good for me, but for now, I just want to do what makes me happy. I encourage you to do the same.

Yes, I still want to be of service. Some of my most incredible joy comes when I give a message from Spirit to someone that delights them, heals them, or in some way makes them feel better than before.
When I attune someone to Reiki it is such an incredible surge of joy that it is indescribable.

So yes, seek Spirit. Explore your spiritual side. But if your spiritual practice is not giving you joy, then maybe you should try something else. Take lots of breaks. Laugh a lot. Go out with your friends and family and treasure the experiences that make you laugh.

This is my sincerest wish that you may find 2014 the year when you discovered a new depth of joy that you never knew was possible. When you healed from your past hurts. When you forgave those who in some way challenged or offended you. When you learned to accept others who do not see life or God or the world in the same way that you do. When you stopped being afraid.

Remember that you can't be full of love and full of fear at the same time. You can't be full of joy and depressed at the same time. Go for the joy. Go for the love. Let go of everything else.

And so it is.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, inspiring post :) I found you via Amazing Biz and Life, and will be following xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dex Diva! Thanks for reading and I am so glad you liked what you read. I hope you are enjoying your New Year and finding much to be thankful for!!

      Delete