Monday, June 7, 2010

Laugh

I would like to talk a little bit about joy. A lot of times we get caught up in the dramas of life and forget about the joys of being alive. There is within us a part of our souls that loves to be happy. When our lives bog us down with responsibilities or things happen to us that make us forget to be joyful, we lose a part of our mission here on earth. I believe that part of our mission is just to be happy. We create our lives for better or for worse and when we forget to remember to be happy we are essentially creating a lower vibration for ourselves.

Recently I came into contact with someone who has been fighting an illness for several years. She asked me if I could be of assistance in finding out if she had learned her lessons relating to the sickness. This sickness had brought her to the doors of death several times and she related that she was willing to go if that is what was meant to happen. But so far each time she had pulled through. My Angels and Guides did not tell me any lessons she was learning from the sickness, but They told me that she had lost the part of herself that needed to laugh. Now I realize it is hard to laugh when you are dealing with a long term illness. I am not making light of suffering or telling people that their challenges are not serious. But when we make a conscious effort to see that bright side of every situation, then our spirits are lifted and we are able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. My Angels told me to tell her to read jokes, watch funny t.v. shows, anything that could make her laugh. That seemed kind of hard to me but I don't just make this stuff up. I just relate the message.

I am wondering if we all couldn't use a part of this message. Are we so bogged down with responsibilities and the stuff that makes up our lives that we forget to laugh? Do we forget to look for the bright side of things? I am one of those people that don't get jokes. My husband tells me that if he has to explain a joke, it is not funny anymore. I have to consciously work at having a sense of humor. So this is a big lesson for me too. Sometimes when I am exercising I will imagine myself dancing and laughing just to raise my vibration to a higher level. I think this is what the Angels were trying to get across to this acquaintance. When you think happy thoughts and laugh and dance you are raising up your level of consciousness a notch. What you focus on grows. If you are focused on a sickness that you have had for a very long time or maybe a failed relationship or the loss of a job then the good stuff can't get in. Even if you are not physically able to get up and dance, imagine yourself doing so. Imagine yourself running and playing and laughing and having fun. Whatever it is that gives you joy, imagine yourself doing that.

I know for myself I have had incidents in the past when I would hurt my back and be laid up in bed for several days. One of the things I would do is imagine myself running. Running is what I love to do as you know if you have read any of my previous blogs. I would also consciously make myself laugh. At nothing. Just laugh. I access that part inside of myself that is Divine and that part of me is always happy, always healthy, and always in a good mood. That part of me is always there, beckoning me to come out and play. No matter what my physical body is doing, there is a part of me that is free, and that part will always be my guiding light.

My suggestion for today is get out and play! Laugh, run, sing, dance, be joyful. If you are working or sick in bed or have other responsibilities that prevent you from physically getting outside and playing, then play in your mind, even if it is just for five minutes here and there. You will notice a difference in how you feel. And how you feel is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment