Wednesday, September 24, 2014

All We Need is Love..

Ever have one of those days, or weeks, or months, where nothing you planned turned out the way you wanted it to? It seemed like it was hard to get up in the morning, you drug through your day, forced yourself to do those things that were necessary? Everything you tried to accomplish seemed just beyond your reach?

I can't really say every day this month has been this way, but let's just say that there have been a few difficult days. Getting up at 5 a.m. just has seemed to be harder than usual. I force myself outside to run. Sometimes getting things accomplished has been like pulling teeth.

This morning I got up and it just seemed like I could not wake up. I drug myself into the bathroom to get ready for work, and my mind was just REALLY complaining. My warm bed kept calling me to come back come back!!

I am one of those proponents for what you think in your heart, that is what you create in your life. At first my mind was too groggy to start this early creating anything, but my spirit was wide awake, and began to call my mind to come into line!

Okay, Joy, I began to quietly talk to myself, it is only your mind who doesn't like getting up this early. You begin to think and believe that you enjoy getting up, that you are happy to do it! That you LOVE getting up to go to work.

Immediately my mind came into line!

I created in my mind the intention that I enjoyed getting up to go to work! I began to feel better!

When I set my intention that I loved to get up and that it was not a hard thing to do, but I really LOVED it, my attitude immediately changed!

It was then that Spirit prompted me that my assignment today was to send love to anything and everything that came to my mind or that came across my path. I sent love to my warm bed and that sweet man that lay sleeping in it. That was easy.

Then I sent love to my soul. Then to my toothbrush. Throughout the day, I would remember and once again send love... to the mail I was weighing, to the computer, even to the trash can. To the floor under my feet. To the air I was breathing. To all the people who touch my life, whether on purpose or by default.

I have often said that every thought you think is a prayer. My question for you today is, what are you praying for?

When we spend our time sending love to all those who come across our path, whether they be loved ones or challenging ones, whether they be human or plant or animal or even non-breathing, then love cannot help but come back to us multiplied! 

Do not send love with the intention of getting something in return! Just send love with the intention of sending love for love's sake! Go throughout your day, enjoying each moment, whether you are doing something that is easy to love or whether you are choosing to love what you are doing, your mind does not know the difference! 

You will be amazed at how differently your day unfolds!

Just for today, send love! Send love intentionally, and send it arbitrarily. Remember also to send love to yourself! If you want love, then BE LOVE.

And love is all there is anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment