Sunday, December 1, 2013

Tuesday's New Moon

If you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you will recognize that I do not subscribe to any particular belief system. Yesterday's blog was based upon a sermon I read on the website of a popular television evangelist. I frequently post blogs based upon the cards of the tarot. I am a shamanic practitioner, but I like to label myself as a student of all religions, but a subscriber to none.

I love to base my rituals on the phases of the moon and I frequently read blogs based on the principles of astrology. No, I am not an expert in astrology and the only education I have is the blogs that I read and the one book I own on the subject. But I have studied enough to know that full moons are symbolic of manifesting and new moons are a good time to release whatever is no longer serving you. That being said, we are about to experience a new moon on Tuesday. I wanted to share a blog by Sue Kearney on her insights about the new moon and some possible ways to connect with Spirit and do ritual to release aspects of yourself or your life you are ready to let go of.

The past week or so I began my journey into my past as I am writing a book about my adventures through Christianity and eventually expanding to include other ways of thinking and believing. I am so grateful for all of the experiences as they have made me who I am. In doing this, I have revived a lot of forgotten memories, and I have been able to see how Spirit was in charge all along, and how the rituals I partook of in Christianity are not completely unlike the rituals that I enjoy today. I completely love and applaud all seekers of spirituality, no matter with which group you associate yourself, and I find that we are all alike, and all different.

This is my suggestion. One day this week, take a moment and examine a belief system that is unlike your own, and instead of finding fault or heralding your own beliefs as superior to that of another, embrace your similarities and forgive your differences. We are all on a spiritual quest. We all want world peace and inner peace. We are all in the business of healing the planet and ourselves. Our techniques and rituals may be different, but our goal is the same. Let us put down our swords and instead embrace one another.

My new moon ritual is going to be an adventure into releasing our collective prejudices toward one another. However they may manifest, we have all experienced religious prejudice either toward us or from us to another, and possibly both. My goal is to pull down those walls that separate us and instead build a bridge to join us together in achieving a common goal.

I would love for you to join me in my quest to rid myself and my world of religious prejudice. In whatever ways that it manifests, whether it is an expensive license to regulate Spiritual activity, or prayers directed at another religious belief or practice, or just a simple belief that my God is better than your God. I ask you to look within yourself and see if you have any beliefs against another faith that you need to release.

Whatever Spirit is leading you to release, Tuesday would be a good day to do it! Find a ritual that speaks to you, get into your spiritual happy place, however you find to do that, and let it go! Let us all let go of what no longer serves us, so that we may move forward in our quest for enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment