Monday, July 18, 2011

Shape Shifting

Years ago I used to paint. I enjoyed painting murals especially. I remember one time I was painting a mural in a local business and a customer came up to me and remarked something about me being an artist. I think maybe she wanted to see some of my work displayed somewhere or asked me if I had any pieces for sale. I replied that I was not really an artist. I just did this for fun. My real job was working at the Post Office. I remember that she told me not ever to sell myself short. She told me that I was an artist whether I saw myself as one or not.

Fast forward about ten or eleven years. I went to a clairvoyant who told me that I was a healer. She told me that I would bring physical and emotional healing to many through the messages I heard from the Angels. She asked me why I didn't do anything with this gift I had. I told her that I did not really know how to incorporate that into my life.  " I just work at the Post Office," I remember telling her.  "Sweetheart," I remember her saying, " I don't ever want to hear you say you just work at the Post Office ever again. You are a healer. You just need to see yourself as one."

Now three years later I have learned to incorporate this gift into my life somewhat. But I think somewhere deep inside I thought that I was still attaining to the title, that "healer"  or "messenger" was something that I would like to be or maybe would be someday. Then came a couple weeks of silence from the Higher Realms. At first I just thought, okay, I just need a break. But one day I said to my Guides and Angels, "okay, I just need something. Tell me something. Anything."

I sat down in my healing room with a couple of books and I told the Angels that I was just going to open book randomly and whatever I read I was going to take it as a message for me from Them.

The book I picked up was called Shape Shifting. The page I opened to was a story of a girl who aspired to be a dancer. Every day she practiced for hours and hours. But she never felt ready to audition. Her mother took her to see the author of the book who asked her to dance for her. She related that it was the most beautiful dancing she had ever seen. The author of this book told the girl that as long as she saw herself as a dancer sometime in the future that it would never happen. She had to realize she was already a dancer. When the girl "shape shifted" her thinking, she got hired by a major dance troupe within a week.

What do you aspire to? Do your dreams always seem just beyond your reach? Maybe you need to shift how you see yourself! Yes, the young girl still had to audition. She still had to practice. Her career as a dancer didn't fall out of the sky. But she had to first change how she saw herself. I am sure that I am not the only person who has not seen myself as the person I aspired to be. Let us all learn to see ourselves in the most grand scenarios, accomplishing our dreams and living our lives to the fullest. Just as a wizard shape shifts into fish or animals, let us shape shift into the person we would like to be. All we need to do is realize that we are already that person. All the potential of what we would love to do and be is already within us. We just need to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment