Monday, May 5, 2014

Happy May!

At the beginning of this year, when I was contemplating my theme for the year and looking at my tarot card for the year, I knew this was going to be a crazy ride. And so far, my expectations have come true.

Universally we are in a year of the chariot.

(I attribute this image to wikipedia.)

When we think of chariots we think of speeding ahead, travel, and maybe some challenges to overcome. Things seem to happen quickly in a chariot year. In my case, my personal years are the same as the universal year, so I guess I get a double dose of this card.

If you follow the stars, lately there has been a lot of crazy activity in the heavens as well. Although skeptics will say that the heavens have nothing to do with our lives on the earth, I find that everything is connected. We all can attest to the fact that when the moon is full people seem to act a little crazier than normal. More babies are born on full moons than any other time of year.

In April, on the night before the full moon, I found it necessary to take my dad to the hospital. While we were waiting to be seen, there was a man sitting by his computer, (I don't know what his job really was), and he commented to me that he always knew when it was a full moon, due to the increased activity in the ER.

I believe that yes, the placement of the stars and the phase of the moon have a lot to do with our lives.

Have you noticed that April was a bit of a crazy month energetically? Were you happy, as I was, when the calendar turned over to the month of May?

I am not an astrologist, but when I connect with Spirit, I am told that indeed, things are changing. For me, I notice that time is moving faster. It may be my connection with the chariot card, but this year I am finding that I can barely keep up!

How can we sail smoothly through these fast moving days of change?

Obviously, the biggest thing we need to do is have some down time! I had to be reminded of this when I contracted a month long bout with illness that went away only when I took a holiday to Florida, making sure I did no work that week, sitting by the ocean, walking up and down the beach and renewing myself, sitting with the sun, and the moon, and myself. We have to schedule in "me" time!

The second thing we need to do to make it through these energetic changes is spend much time in quiet contemplation. Whether you call it prayer, meditation, sitting with the moon, or just relaxation, make sure you schedule a bit of time every day to do nothing! This may sound similar to the first thing I mentioned about down time, however, when you feel like you have to schedule in time to meditate, sometimes it becomes another thing to do, so I don't count meditation as down time, although it can be, if our mental attitude about it is one of anticipation and excitement and not.. oh no, another thing to put on my list of things to do!  It doesn't have to be a large amount of time. I try to take several mini breaks a day, maybe just five or ten minutes at a time, sitting in my favorite meditation pose, or even just focusing on my breath as I go about my daily routine.

Just as you have to charge up your cell phone frequently or the battery goes dead and your phone becomes useless until you plug it in, you have to allow yourself some time to recharge your battery. Plug into Source and get your power back.

I believe that everything has consciousness and that we are all connected. Plugging into Source can be as simple as going outside and breathing some fresh air once in awhile. Or, my personal favorite, find a water source. (I have a small pond in my backyard where I like to recharge). Drink some water, and pay attention to how the water feels as it travels down your throat and into your belly. Imagine the water cleaning out the "gook". Give thanks to the water as it refreshes your spirit.

The last thing I think we need to do to get through these changing times is surrender. Surrender to Spirit all your plans, your schedule, your life, your expectations, even  your money. Sometimes I have to do this frequently. I surrender and then I take it back. When I begin to worry or try to figure out how everything is going to work, then I have taken it back. When I think I know how something is going to play out, then I have taken it back. My favorite prayer, or affirmation is this: I ask that the highest good be done in this situation for everyone concerned. I don't pretend to know what that best and highest solution is.

I hope when you feel like you are a bit overwhelmed or that life is happening to you too fast, that you will come back and reread some of these suggestions. If you need someone to listen, or want to hear what Spirit has to say about your situation, you can contact me HERE. I do phone, email and skype consultations, as well as in person if you live near me.

Together we can weather all that life throws our way. Yes, life may be a chariot rushing full speed ahead, but we are allowed to take a break and recharge!





No comments:

Post a Comment